Is hair transplant safe?
- Hair transplant is a safe procedure provided you are choosing the correct doctor and center for your procedure. We would suggest you go through the qualifications of the surgeon and then visit the centre and finally decide on the treatment.
- If proper planning is done and sterility is maintained this is one of the safest procedure
Will I Have pain?
- Relax. The procedure is not painful. During the procedure, pain numbing medications are given after which you feel heaviness in your scalp and the whole surgical site is anaesthetised. you are fully awake in the procedure and can enjoy light music and detailed discussion with the operating team regarding your treatment.
- Once the surgery is over you are given painkillers which you need to take for at-least 1 week after the procedure, even if you don’t feel any pain, as it helps in reducing the swelling as well.
Will I get the desired results
- Yes. Hair transplantation is one of the most rewarding surgeries with great life changing results.
- Once you under go a consultation with DR ANKIT GUPTA- our esteemed plastic surgeon, you will be clear in what to expect from the treatment. one can see the before after pics shown in the webpage to get an idea of what to expect.
- Results depends on the planning and proper execution of the whole procedure.
- We are proud of great results of hair transplant from our center and keep up with the current advancements in the techniques of hair transplant.
When will I see the results
- 6-9 months.
- It depends from person to person and also on donor area used. Usually it takes about 5-6 months for one to see the proper growth, but full growth is attained at around 9 months to about now year.
- Platelet Rich Plasma injections will accelerate the growth.
Where is the surgery performed
- Surgery is performed at our center in Pitampura- Panache aesthetics – hair laser and plastic surgery center. It is done in a sterilized operating room with continuous monitoring of your vital parameters all safety equipment and medicines ready.
- We try to keep the environment light and calm with light music but never compromise on the safety of our patient. Patients safety is always our priority over any other issue.
- You get the advantage of a physician – Dr O P Gupta along with our Plastic surgeon during the procedure for proper care and safety.
Steps of surgery- In short
- Consent for the procedure- all remaining queries answered again by Dr Ankit Gupta – in case you have any.
- Preoperative photography
- Markings before hair transplant
- Sensitivity testing
- Shaving of the scalp
- Local anaesthesia to the donor area
- Harvesting of grafts- FUE/FUT
- Hair line creation
- Graft implantation
- Dressing of donor area
Age matters? Am I too late for the procedure
- No. Old age is not a contraindication for the procedure of hair transplant.
- In fact, it’s better because you now have a stable hair line.
- Few issues with mature individuals can be the co morbidities that come with age like diabetes and hypertension. Since we have an on board Senior Physician – Dr O P Gupta with us, we are better equipped to handle such clients.
When should I get hair transplant- TIMING?
- Hair transplant helps in covering the bald area over your scalp. Ideally it should be down once the hair fall has stabilised and new areas of baldness are not appearing.
- One should also remember that the transplanted hair takes around 6-9 months to grow and give a good result. So in case one wants to look his best for an event, he should ideally plan it at least 6 months in advance and best will be to plan it 9 months in advance.
What should I do before / how to plan for the surgery
- One needs to be sure that the operating team is qualified and the lead is a Plastic surgeon who has sufficient experience in hair transplant procedure- Do your research.
- One should have a one to one consult with the plastic surgeon before choosing him as his surgeon – Book an appointment.
- In case you have any medical condition like Thyroid, Hypertension or diabetes or local scalp issues like infection or dandruff, get it stabilised before the procedure.
- Stop using – Minoxidil at-least 2 weeks before the procedure.
- Stop Green tea, multivitamins, blood thinners atleast 1 week prior to surgery
- Stop smoking.
Fill Form below to get a call back
Few Case reports
25 yr old Gentleman with stable hair line wanted advancement of his hairline. Being a Social Media influencer he wanted to look his best in his videos. After detailed consultation with our plastic surgeon Dr Ankit, it was found that he had Androgenetic Alopecia and his hair fall was stable for last 1 year.
Above you can see his pictures- preoperative, planning, immediate post operative, result and before after- 6 months
A 62 yr old gentleman with no co-morbidities approached us with a request of Hair transplant for sever androgenic alopecia grade 7. Since he did not have any other illness and was OK with less density post operatively, we decided to go ahead.
One can see pictures of before, planning, immediate post operative, two months post operative and after 6 months results
5/5 Star Rating
What patients say
Great staff polite and helping. Experienced and highly qualified doctor. Didn’t have any problems during my visits.Any doubts regarding your ailments as well as medication are dealt immediately by the doctor personally. The Doctor is friendly in nature so you’ll feel much more comfortable. Hygiene level is high aswell during these tough times and even after covid most of us would be concerned by hygiene and safety precautions every staff member seems to follow instructions carefully. (GOOGLE REVIEW)
Friendly environment, gentle and polite staffs. Experienced doctor. You will be dealt personally by doctor himself. Pre-surgical procedures, surgical procedure and post surgical procedures are of top notch. Do not hesitate to give a visit. Highly recommended (GOOGLE REVIEW)
Best doctor & team for hair transplant. He treats patient like his friend or family member. N trust me he is best in this. If you required suregery then only he will go for this else he will go with medicine. The Best thing is you doesn’t feel any pain in surgery. He is so professional and always accept me with great smile. He is an good surgeon with a skillful knowledge. (GOOGLE REVIEW)
I was told to undergo hair transplant at various places but Dr Gupta diagnosed my condition of alopecia aerate and treated it with 3 sitting of injections. thank you.
Highly recommended. good nature, simple, honest doctor. right price and very good results. Had visited many centres but seeing his transparency and approachability, i decided to choose him. His price was a bit more than the other centres, but. i am totally satisfied with my results and would certainly recommend him. Best part is the team of doctors he has and it gives an added advantage. setup is very. clean and maintained. you will develop a bond with him…. thank you sir.
Had visited 10’s of hair transplant doctors and clinic for consultation but here by Dr Ankit got the actual facts and reality. He was very clear and knowledgable and explained everything in details. I have a head full of hair now, thanks to him. Over the last year we are more like friends now. Highly recommended. Keep up the good work.
5 STAR RATED- GOOGLE
5 Star rating Practo
Know your team
Know more about Hair Transplant
Hair Transplant is done to cure receding hairline or baldness in men and women. Male pattern hair loss is the most common cause of baldness caused by genetic predisposition. Male hormone testosterone action on the hair root causes baldness in men. It is a normal process, but, loosing hair earlier in life can make one look aged and result in stress, anxiety and tension. In women, the reasons for hair loss vary from androgenetic alopecia to PCOD or thyroid imbalance.
The treatment or hair loss involves medications and topical therapy to prevent further progress of baldness. However, if a hair follicle is lost, Hair Transplant is the only option available to restore the hairline.
Hair Transplant Techniques
- FUT (Follicular Unit Transplant) is a hair transplant technique in which a thin strip of skin is removed from the back of the head surgically. The hair follicles are then divided into individuals units. The donor area is then stitched together. Hair follicles are implanted by creating reception incisions or holes in the treatment area and placing hair follicles with forceps. FUT technique leaves a noticeable scar on the donor area.
- FUE (Follicular Unit Extraction) is the most prevalent hair transplant technique in which a hair follicle or group of hair follicles are removed by making a circular cut in the skin around it by using a punch. This leaves small open holes in the scalp that turn into tiny white scars. FUE scars are less visible than FUT scars. Hair follicles are implanted the same way as in the FUT technique.
Surgical steps- You tube
Hair Transplant at Panache, Pitampura, Delhi
At Panache, Hair Transplant is done by Dr. Ankit Gupta, who is a qualified and experienced Plastic Surgeon and specialized in both FUT and FUE techniques of hair transplant. He can give you maximum of 5000 units i.e. 10,000 – 15,000 hairs (depending on your hair density) in a single sitting without any visible scar. For more hair transplants, one needs to go for a second sitting of FUT or FUE or a combination of FUT + FUE.
Other Hair Related Services
We also specialize in body or beard hair transplant. We can transfer hair from under the chin, chest or other body parts, to cover your bald areas.
Keeping up with the recent trends we are reshaping beard using combined approach of hair transplant, micro-pigmentation and laser hair removal. Getting a desired moustache and fuller stubble is a reality.
For other conditions please see our page on hair fall or feel free to call us.